07 April 2011

My friend Charlie



I previously posted information about a commonly viewed bird in the Tiruvannamalai District, i.e. the Indian Treepie. To read the posting go to this link here.







I always think of the Treepie as a crow in evening dress. Charlie started visiting our garden some months ago and nowadays even brings his gang of friends to visit and feast.







However, Charlie is a crank and if some of his favourite food (i.e. chapattis, grapes or biscuits) is not waiting for him in his special place in the garden, he comes into my cottage for a fly around to demonstrate his displeasure.

First call of duty when Charlie enters the cottage is ALL FANS OFF and thereafter I can relax and watch him have his fly around. My dogs are so used to him coming into the cottage to visit, that they have stopped reacting. So much so that they don't even blink when emboldened Charlie perches on their food dish for a quick snack.










No comments: